Friday, July 4, 2008

Let's get this started

Let me briefly (ha ha) introduce myself.

I'm KJ. I'm 32 years old. I have lived in a few different cities before returning to the Northeastern U.S. area where I grew up. I had been married a few years, we had bought our first home, and were probably a few months from trying to get pregnant. Instead, my late husband developed a rare and super-aggressive cancer. He lived almost a year before the cancer took him from me. Thus, I was widowed at 28. Other than the loss of my LH himself, the loss of our planned-for and much-wanted family was by orders of magnitude the second-most-painful part of the whole widowhood thing.

Incredibly, though, I was lucky enough to meet L only a little over a year after losing my LH (and after several mistakes related to "men" - quotations needed - dating too soon after being widowed is rarely a good idea). Although it was a bit tough in the first few months given all I was still dealing with, we fell in love, and then got married last summer.

Now, we are moving onto that next part of things... trying to get pregnant. However, I had my diagnosis of PCOS confirmed a few weeks ago, which is kind of a problem. Yeah, I would say not ovulating since right after I went off the pill 6 1/2 months ago is a problem. At least it seems my husband's part of things is all good, fortunately. It's just me who has "issues" in trying to get me knocked up.

Anyway, I hope that this blog proves helpful for me to work out all my swirling feelings, that maybe it winds up helping some other people also, or at least is somewhat amusing.

Thanks for indulging me.

4 comments:

Lollipop Goldstein said...

Wow--Julybug. I'm honoured to be your first comment. And simply to say welcome. And that I'm here if you ever want to vent/talk.

Julybug said...

Lollipop - Thanks. I've read some of your blog - a friend told me about it, she used to blog about her journey. I've hit 6+ months off the pill and having not O'd almost since then, I have been pretty down on this whole thing lately... so figured I'd check in with the blog-world and contribute some to it. See if it helps my attitude at all. :) Thanks again.

Jill said...

I can really relate to the PCOS and not ovulating thing. Welcome to the blogging world. It really helps.

Paula Keller said...

Lolipop AKA Mel, has you on her bloglist at Lost and Found Connections. I clicked over here from there to say welcome! Don't know if you've been there, but it is an incredible resource.

Good luck on your journey! :)